Saturday, June 16, 2007

6/12: Work, Work, Work

As the name of this post suggests, we did a lot of work today. We spent the morning reviewing the Swahili translation of the questionnaire and fixing mistakes. We then went into town with Mr. Ganai and reviewed our changes with him and waited for them to make 15 copies of our human subjects training packet (only 5 pages), which took almost 2 hours. We had a two hour break, and then Mr. Ganai and Mr. Mwamba came over to our hotel and we worked until 8:30 finalizing the questionnaire (this draft anyways!) and going over preparations for tomorrow.

During our break, I went for a quick run around our neighborhood. A little treacherous, given how uneven the dirt road is, but it felt good to be moving. People stopped to stare at me like I was crazy, and little kids just started laughing when they saw me and yelled “hi! Hi!” after me. It added a little fun to my run, and I’m sure it brightened their day too to see a crazy white girl running – why would you want to do that?

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

It sounds like you're having quite the adventures! I'm happy to hear you arrived safely and I love all the blogs! Are you able to post pictures at all? The dinner with Jane Goodall sounds amazing, like something out of national geographic! cool! Take care!